So first, we need to go over how to prepare the perfect hard-boiled egg. This is how I have found to be the perfect method:
1. Place your desired number of eggs in a small stock pan.
2. Gently fill with cold water until it just covers the eggs.
3. Bring to a boil, then turn to medium and gently boil for 5 minutes.
4. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer pot to sink and start rinsing with cold water. Once water in pot is cool, add 4 cups of ice. Let sit for 5-7 minutes.
6. Run cold water gently and peel the eggs under the running water.
In a medium bowl, combine the following ingredients (this is based on using 4 hard boiled eggs):
2 tbl. mayonnaise of your choice (if you like it creamier, feel free to add more at the end if needed)
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. dry basil
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. dried onion
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 celery stalk, ends trimmed, finely diced
1/4 avocado, ripe, mashed
Chill for 1 hour. Best on sour dough, multi-grain, or other whole grain bread. I like to spread a little pesto on the bread and add a slice of tomato and some romaine lettuce. Enjoy!